Avalengo, also known as the sunny terrace of Merano, is located on the Montezoccolo plateau (Tschöggelberg in German) which overlooks the thermal city. This enchanting village is immersed between the forests and fields and surrounded by the peaks of the
Tessa Group Nature Park.
In Avalengo and its harbours you can admire:
- The Church of Saint Catherine in roman style, a symbol of the village
- The Parish Church of Saint John built in the 13th century.
- Sulfner Lake, a small artificial lake which enables you to observe various species of flora and fauna in their habitats.
- The straw roofs which cover the barns
- The Knottnkino which has 30 seats made from steel and wood which allow you to enjoy a superb natural panorama.
- The lake of San Pancrazio, situated at 2116 metres above sea level, an appreciated destination in the summer.